We Treat Emerald Ash Borer and other invasive pests
Based in Dublin, Ohio, Bio Green Ohio uses a trunk injection system to treat your Ash and Hemlock trees. A trunk injection is the most effective alternative to spraying or soil applying pesticides for tree insect or pest control. Bio Green Ohio trunk injection equipment injects Emamectin Benzoate/Imidacloprid directly inside the tree. The trunk injection systems and formulations are proven to give the best results when protecting trees from borers and insects.
It is Eco-Friendly
Unlike spraying or soil applications, the Bio Green Ohio Arborjet system injects directly into the tree, limiting any impact to your family, the applicator, and the environment around you.
Trunk Injection Facts
- Through trunk injection, small doses of Emamectin Benzoate are carefully measured and injected directly into the tree’s transport tissues, enabling distribution within the tree, but limiting the impact to the environment.
- The best time to treat trees in the upper third of the country is from May through October when trees are most active, and water or nutrients are actively flowing in the tree. The larval (damaging) stage of EAB does its worst from August through October.
- Injections are made in the bottom 18 inches of the tree, at intervals of around 6 inches apart. The depth for the injection is between 5/8” and 1 5/8” into the tree. A 10 inch diameter tree would receive approximately a 1.5 ounce injection for two years of protection.
- Trunk injection formulations can take hours to weeks to move throughout the tree. Most often trees are protected within a few days.
- Trunk injection is widely considered to be the most effective and consistent method available for preventing EAB from attacking a tree, or killing EAB in an infested tree. It can stop damage even if the tree is already under attack without harming the surrounding environment.
- Researchers at Ohio State, Michigan State, Purdue, the University of Illinois, and University of Wisconsin have concluded that Arborjet’s trunk-injected systemic insecticides are the most effective treatment option, providing very effective control of EAB for two years, with a single application, even under heavy infestation pressure. It also provided a higher level of control than other products in side-by-side studies.
- Bio Green Ohio uses the Arborjet truck injection system which uses an Arborplug, a one way port with a self sealing, surgical septum that prevents product from leaking back out of the injection site.
* Insecticide Options for Protecting Ash Trees from Emerald Ash Borer – 2009 Joint research summary by Ohio State University, Michigan State University, Purdue University, University of Illinois and University of Wisconsin Extension.
Why Choose Bio Green Ohio?
- Family Owned Local Business
- Our Commitment To Customer Service
- Environmentally-Friendly Fertilizer That Performs
- Our Fertilizer Feeds The Soil Food Web
- Safe For Waterways
- Referral Discount
- 24/7 Secure Customer Portal
- Resource For Customers
- Licensed And Insured
- Trained/Certified Technicians
Contact Us, Or Request a Quote
If you are interested in our service and would like a free quote, or you would simply like to inquire more information about our services please fill out the short form below and we will get in touch with you soon. Give us a call at (614) 764-2260.
Bio Green Ohio Service Reviews
David is awesome! Totally reliable and committed to doing an outstanding job for his clients! His products are super effective and eco-friendly. I have used 3 or 4 lawn services over the last 14 years, and after 3 applications by David, my lawn now looks better than it ever has!
I am starting my fourth or fifth season with Bio Green Ohio and have been pleased since day one as I continue to be today. Prior to this, I had used the two well know companies here in Columbus. I was dissatisfied with them both for lack of attention and nonexistent responses when I called or sent a letter. I felt that I was only a number to them and they demonstrated zero interest in working with me other than to have their telemarketers call on a regular basis to up sell another service. So, when I decided to hire another company, I did a lot of research and Bio Green had very strong reviews and is why I chose to go with them. From the start, it was obvious they cared and were interested in what my needs and concerns are. It also is very refreshing that when the Technician is out, he will talk with you if you have any questions rather than the other folks who seem to run a marathon to get in and out as quickly as possible. My lawn has some challenges that Bio Green inherited and has been working hard to remedy. The great thing is that whenever I reach out, the response is immediate and Dave has made several trips to examine and study the issues at hand to determine the best course of action. I cannot overstate how happy I am and would highly recommend Bio Green Ohio to anyone who is looking to replace their current company or new to hiring a Lawn Care Service.
I contacted Bio Green 2 years ago after losing 20% of my lawn to fungus. Dave came out and assessed my lawn and offered his advice. After 2 years and with Bio Green my lawn looks better than it ever has. The other HUGE benefit (that I didn't realize at the time) their process doesn't use harmful chemicals that can hurt your children and pets. I won't trust my lawn to anyone else.
We had lots of dandelions and other weeds that decided to pop up as everything came in to bloom. Lori went out to the house to give an estimate same day I requested, and scheduled service shortly thereafter. Lawn looks great, and I'm happy that I am not using toxic chemicals for treatment. Thanks!!
Dave and Lori are truly the best! I wasn't seeing results doing my own fertilizing, not to mention all of the weeds and I started to explore alternative options. When I found out that the stuff they use is all natural and safe for my furry buddy I was sold. They were out at my house within days of my request and overnight it seemed that all of the weeds had vanished. My favorite was the personalized note that Dave left on my invoice with some pointers. Very satisfied and strongly recommend!!
So far Bio Green has lived up to it's billing. We're not sure our yard has ever looked as good as it does right now. With two dogs it was important to us to find a company who used natural fertilization. We are very happy with our decision to use Bio Green.
Customer service is top-notch! They are quick to respond and take action. They use products I feel good about using and are very knowledgeable. They use the same care with my referrals.
Biogreen has done a great job on our lawn! We have been thrilled with the service they provide, and it's nice to know that their product is safe for kids and pets.